Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Kid's Point of View from a Diary of a Mad StepMother

In my spare time, I like to read blogs from other stepmoms. Consider it my outlet for my frustrations because I cant really take it out on anyone else.

I stumbled upon this blog today, called Diary of a Mad StepMother. One entry she writes about "A Kid's Point of View" cracked me up so much that I had to post it. I dont expect anyone else to think this is as funny as I found it to be.This happened quite a while ago, I admit... but it still kinda sets the tone for the daily mentality, so I thought I'd share.

Here was the conversation:
ME: You guys need to do your chores, it isn't that much. Nobody likes doing chores. Do you think I like doing MY chores?
SARAH: YOU have chores?
ME: Uhhh, yeah... what do you think I am doing when I do dishes and laundry and vacuuming and stuff?
SARAH: I thought you were just cleaning the house!(facepalm)

It is so funny how right on that is. Almost on a daily basis, I either get, "huh? what? did you say something?"; "do I have to?"; or "I hate doing chores."I wonder if kids actually think we adults LIKE doing chores....

No comments:

Post a Comment