Friday, May 15, 2009

Love Your Enemy

I know youre supposed to "love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you," but why does it have to be so damn hard?!

This weekend was supposed to be Ursula's weekend to take the kids. Their air conditioner is out, so kids had to stay home with us instead. Not that I mind... but obviously date night had to be put on hold.

Ursula comes by to pick up the boys for track practice, only to find out... there wasnt one. Typically, she would have just left, but today, she decides to stay. I can see out of the corner of my eye that she was trying to find something to talk about, and finally settled on talking about Dirk and how his soon to be wife was wanted in 3 different states. That lead into talking about her love life, and the date she recently went on. I could tell that the direction this conversation was headed was bound to piss me off since she tends to just say things before thinking. I can feel the akwardness seeping in, and as I was about to say something smart... I was saved by the phone. Thank Gawd! After awhile, Ursula decides to leave- leaving me with ss1 & ss2. They want to go swimming, and I agree to take them to the gym to go.

Since it was Ursula's weekend, I had to make sure she didnt have plans with the kids before I took them. She decides that she wants to go with us.... what?! really?! (what do I say....what do I say....) "Sure, come meet us over here first, and we'll ride together." I called J to give him a headsup that we will all be together, and hopefully, will come back alive together. All in all, everything was quite pleasant surprisingly enough. The funny part was seeing her sneak off to find management to see if she can swindle her way back onto the gym membership at J's expense. LOL.. (she was taken off, and my membership and his was combined as a family).

On the way home, all the kids got into a discussion about religion: heaven vs. hell. She told them that a 2nd marriage is still considered adultery, and that you will go to hell- that I would go to hell because our marriage would not be recognized in the eyes of God because I would be his 2nd wife. She also told them that if you (fornicated) before marriage, and/or cheat- you'd go to hell (guess we're all going to hell then arent we?). Here's the creme de la creme: She also told them that the world was going to end soon, and they all probably would not live to grow up, get married, and have children (yea...I know, right?!). All this coming from a woman who cheated on her husband, and had a baby by another man. Talk about irony.

Anyways, to end her whole hell vs. heaven lecture, she was sure to add in there that we should all love our enemies as if they were our best friends. I wonder if that was an indirect stab at me. O well, see everyone in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment